I can't print the entire CMAP I created

Having problems with IHMC CmapLite? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapLite, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
lolo714

I can't print the entire CMAP I created

Post by lolo714 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi,

I desperately need help finding out how to print the entire cmap I created. Every time I print only a portion of each section comes out of the printer without any correlation
to the other pages. I can't put them together. I've tried to change the DPI also as the content printed is quite large. Will I have to resort to making a screenshot and printing
from another application? The cmap I created is a nursing care plan for the R.N. program I am attending and it's due tomorrow. Please help me. :oops:

Thanks,

D.

lolo714

Re: I can't print the entire CMAP I created

Post by lolo714 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Well I guess exporting it to JPG is good enough. The words are extremely small though. I doubt the instructors will accept it as is.

acanas

Post by acanas » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:05 pm

What operating system are you using? Which version of CmapTools? Can you post the Cmap so we can help you? Printing varies per OS.

rcarff

Post by rcarff » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Using CmapTools, you should be able to select "File/Print Preview" from an open map, choose the number of pages(wide/tall) you want the map to be printed on, select print, and then cut/tape the results back together. If this is not working please let us know more info about your operating system and the version of CmapTools you are using.

In a time crunch, as you mentioned, I would export to an image file and change the scale with the options button in the export dialog. The scale can be used to make a very large sized image that could be printed in sections that you could tape together. One way to section the image would be to place the image in a Word Doc multiple times such that different parts of the image are printed on different pages. Another option would be to use a graphics tool and cut the image into smaller pieces that can be printed separately.

lolo714

Post by lolo714 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:23 pm

I really appreciate the replies. I am using C-maps lite 5.05.01 with windows 7 64. I exported it to jpeg and took it to kinkos. All they could do is print it a little larger than legal size but the letters were very small (like 8 point) looking. I had no success using the option in the program to print over multiple pages. When I printed the document was extremely huge and the entire thing did not even print. I feel like it's such a powerful program that can be used for so many things but it is lacking on print friendliness. I had to redo my cmap for a minor correction and I find myself taking that trip back to kinkos to get it reprinted and paying a few bucks. I will have many of these to do over the next 2 semesters and will have corrections also. I want to use this but I need to figure the printing options out. I may try to throw it in a word doc as suggested. Thanks again. Any more feed back would be nice. I will send the cmap if you want to look at it. Thanks.