Account issues - access from another computer

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools in the Cloud? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
mcw

Re: Account issues - access from another computer

Post by mcw »

I am also not able to do anything with my cloud folder. I think, if I recall, I have only set up on one computer. My IT department came by to try and help me set up a cloud acct, and they could not get it to work. Since they had created an acct and folders on their computer for testing, they then tried to access that via "cmaps in the cloud" on my computer. Entering the IT guy's name and password, worked ok. But I want to have my own folder under my acct - I have changed my password online, seems to have been accepted. Then I changed the name and password under preferences/user info, and preferences/cloud acct. Now however, I still see my IT guy's folder under "cmaps in the cloud". I cannot make my own folders, save a cmap, and I cannot change his folders. Effectively, if I try to do anything, I get a dialog box to enter user and pass, and when I enter mine, I get a message indicating that I do not have permission. How do I sort this?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Your CmapTools client is set up to access the IT person's account, even if you change the userid and password in the dialogue box. We are fixing this -- there should be a way to change or reset the account.

Meanwhile, there is a configuration file that you will need to delete. What platform are you using (Windows, OS X, Linux?). Depending on the platform, we'll let you know the location of the file to remove.
mcw

Post by mcw »

Thanks for your help. I am using a PC w Windows.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

The following steps will reset your Cmap Cloud account on your CmapTools client and allow you to type in again your userid (email address) and password.

Stop CmapTools, make sure it is not running. Make sure you are running v6.01, the latest version of the software.

You don't indicate which version of Windows you are using, so lets see if this works for you. If you can't find the profile.xml file, please let us know which version of Windows you are running.

On the windows file system, go to the directory:

\Users\<your userid>\AppData\Roaming\CmapTools

In this directory you'll find a file named "profile.xml". If its not there, look under AppData\Local

Rename this file to something else, e.g profile.backup, to keep as a backup. Just make sure there is no profile.xml file in this directory.

Restart CmapTools.

It should ask you for your personal information again (userid, email, password, etc.). If you provide the same email and password as you used to create your Cloud account, clicking on the Cmap Cloud tab on the Views should connect you to the Cmap Cloud. If it doesn't, and asks your for the email and password, provide it.
mcw

Post by mcw »

That worked a treat. I have not tried much yet, but I can make folders and seem to have control of it now. I am trying to run a collaborative exercise with others via my cloud folder. If you have any recommendations, or can point to information about the best way to do that (see one user on the forum has posted his experiences), please advise. Thanks very much for your help.