Account issues - access from another computer

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools in the Cloud? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
jbisho30

Account issues - access from another computer

Post by jbisho30 »

I began using Cmap last week on a work computer, registered (and confirmed via email) and then began two maps that were saved into separate folders on my cloud. I saved it there because I had hoped to access the maps from other computers and to share the maps with other users.

Today I downloaded Cmap on my personal computer and neither the software nor the support forum recognized my username and password. In order to post this thread, I re-registered under the exact same username and password I created last week. It sounds like my previous registration mysteriously disappeared. I checked my email and again I found the email that I used to activate my account and the following confirmation. So even though I know I registered, I was able to re-register under the same username, email, and password.

You would think that the re-registering process would indicate I've created a fresh start where I could begin again the maps I created last week and post them on the cloud. FALSE. When I try to log into the CMap cloud, I am prompted to create or access an existing account. I tried both approaches. Creating a new account returns an error message that says there was a problem creating a new account because one already exists with that username. Accessing my existing account returns a different error message that says that "the email address and passwords did not match any accounts". What gives?? I appreciate your help!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Account issues - access from another computer

Post by cmapadmin »

Can you share the email address you used? That way can review the status of the account.
rvanhoof

Post by rvanhoof »

Have you tried resetting your password?

https://cmapcloud.ihmc.us/ums/users/resetPassword.html

Ron
jbisho30

Post by jbisho30 »

the email is jbisho30@uncc.edu

I didn't try resetting my password because I didn't see that option and I couldn't log in using the account information I originally created.

Thank you for your help!!
jbisho30

Post by jbisho30 »

I got an email that said a change had been made to my account and I am now able to access the cloud using my username and password. I was excited to see the maps I created on my work computer. However, I am still having issues because it does now allow me to use my username and password to change the permissions on this cloud and it does not allow me to make edits to these maps. In both cases, entering my username and password results in a message that says "The username and password specified do not have permissions to access this resource". Is this a paid resource? Or am I doing something wrong?
acanas

Post by acanas »

The user id "jbisho30@uncc.edu" has permission on the Home folder and the two folders under it. If the "Cmaps in the Cloud' entry in CmapTools shows them, then you should be able to modify the from any client that has authenticated with this userid and its password. Are you sure you have the correct password? If you reset it in the website you need to also provide it in the CmapTools client as the client remembers the old password.
jbisho30

Post by jbisho30 »

I appreciate your help and looking up my credentials. I have tried to reset my password on the website and I am able to see the folders in the cloud. However, when I open the maps on the cloud and attempt to modify, I am prompted for a username/password request that fails using my known username and password combination. I have tried this from two different computers with no success. I had tried resetting the password on the website - is there another way to reset it on the CmapTools other than entering the new password when prompted? Is there a way to logout on the software so that I can attempt to log back in? Otherwise I don't know what else to do except maybe trying to uninstall/reinstall. Thank you for your advice!
jbisho30

Post by jbisho30 »

One more update - I found general settings in Cmap and my "cloud account" says that there is a "problem getting cloud account info: unexpected error: invalid credentials". I tried entering both of the accounts I've attempted to create and the password. I click "retry" and nothing seems to happen.
acanas

Post by acanas »

We are looking into it. We were able to reproduce the problem.
acanas

Post by acanas »

Try it now...