Error by saving AND inviting excisting Members

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools in the Cloud? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Fitzig

Error by saving AND inviting excisting Members

Post by Fitzig »

Hi there,
Actually I've tried to use the cloud. First, there Comes a popup message. In the cloud, I can see my work, but I cant see it in cmaptools in the cloud Folder.

Second, I tried to rename Folders, but it doesnt work either in the cloud nor in the cloud Folder in cmaptools

Third, I tried to invite an excisting member to my cloud Folder. I tried it with her ID, but it doesnt work.

I really appreciate your Program and would be able to demonstrate it to my Workgroup at the University.

I've downloaded the newest version of cmaps, I work with IE, Windows.

I hope, you can help me fix the Problems. Thank you very much.
Sincerly Fitzig
Attachments
2017-03-31 22_36_04-Cmap Cloud - Cmaps - Internet Explorer.jpg
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Error by saving AND inviting excisting Members

Post by cmapadmin »

Actually I've tried to use the cloud. First, there Comes a popup message. In the cloud, I can see my work, but I cant see it in cmaptools in the cloud Folder.
The popup you sent us indicates that the file could not be saved because of a special character in one of the entries. This is a bug we are fixing. Its hard to find those special characters, but it probably happened when inputting some accented character or something similar.

If this happens again, export the Cmap to CXL (one of the actions) and send it to cmapsupport@ihmc.us and we'll fix and place it back in your folder.
Second, I tried to rename Folders, but it doesnt work either in the cloud nor in the cloud Folder in cmaptools
What error did you get? On the Cmap Cloud make sure you hit return/enter after renaming. From the CmapTools client, there should be no problem. Did you get an error.
Third, I tried to invite an excisting member to my cloud Folder. I tried it with her ID, but it doesnt work.
What error did you get? Did she accept to be a member of your Cmappers list? She has to accept first. You can see whether she accepted by going to the Cmappers/Buddies tab in the Views. She should appear with two green blobs. Send your email and her email to cmapsupport@ihmc.us and we'll look into it.

Cmap Support
Fitzig

Post by Fitzig »

Thank you for replying so fast.
because of a special character in one of the entries
where have I done the entries? In the map itself? Is it because we use german words?
Did you get an error.
No, there was no error. I could type in the new name, press return and the "old" name came back. Only once, I became the notification, that a similiar Folder already exists. But in the view, there was no second Folder.
Did she accept to be a member of your Cmappers list?
I cant even find her in the cmappers list. Her ID is her last Name (I send you a separate mail). I dont know, witch eMail she uses. I understood, that first I have to find her on the list, invite her, she accepts and the we can work on the map.

Sincerly, Fitzig
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

I've replied via email...