The problem is related to the corruption of the "My Cmaps" index file . So, the index needs to be created again. Follow these instructions:
- Quit CmapTools.
- Go to the "CmapTools" profile folder.
- Open a command prompt.
- In Windows XP, type the command: cd C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\CmapTools
- In Windows 7/8/10, type the command: cd C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\CmapTools
- Type the command: start . (NOTE: there is a "." after start)
- Open the finder
- Go to the folder: ~/Library/Preferences/CmapTools
- Open a terminal window
- Type the command: cd .cmaptools (NOTE: there is a "." before cmaptools)
- Delete the folder titled "local". This is the directory where the index is stored.
- Restart IHMC CmapTools