Q. The Search function does not work for resources in "My Cmaps". It does not return results, although I know I have resources related to the keyword used in the search. How do I search for resources in "My Cmap"?
The problem is related to the corruption of the "My Cmaps" index file . So, the index needs to be created again. Follow these instructions:
1. Quit CmapTools.
2. Go to the "CmapTools" profile folder.
* Open a command prompt.
* Type "cd C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\CmapTools\"
* Type "start ." NOTE: there is a "." after start
Mac OS X
* Open the finder
* Go to Library > Preferences > CmapTools
Linux and Solaris
* Open a terminal window
* Type "cd .cmaptools" NOTE: there is a "." before cmaptools
3. Delete the folder titled "local". This is the directory where the index is stored.
4. Restart IHMC CmapTools
Since the index is not present (the "local" folder under CmapTools has been deleted), CmapTools will recreate it. It should take a couple of minutes, depending on how many resources you have, and you'll notice your disk chattering from all the access.
Answers to the questions most commonly asked about CmapTools, CmapServer and CmapLite.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 570
- Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:22 pm