Dear CmapTools User,
We have prepared a new version of IHMC CmapTools, bringing it up to v5.03. This new version includes many improvements in terms of speed and memory usage, in addition to new features and a large number of bug fixes. Therefore, this update is highly recommended for all users running IHMC CmapTools. This new version cannot be upgraded automatically from previous versions, it must be downloaded from http://cmap.ihmc.us/download/
Because of the large file size we recommend that you download IHMC CmapTools v5.03 through a high speed Internet connection.
Some of the most important bug fixes and additions are:
• The Views window nows shows Cmaps and resources as thumbnails, facilitating their identification. Through a button in the Views window, you can decide how you want to view the cmaps and resources stored; either as a tree structure or as thumbnails (Cmaps in CmapServers will only shows as thumbnails if the CmapServer is updated also. A new version of the CmapServer is also available for download).
• Both the Web Search and Concept Suggester now make use of the "language" property of the Cmap (if the user has set it in the properties), and will try to contextualize searches and suggestions in such language. For example: if the language property of the Cmap is set to Spanish, the Web Search and Concept suggestions will be contextualized to Spanish too.
• A version is now available for 64-bit architectures under Windows and Linux operating systems.
• The "cmap://" protocol enables clients to open Cmaps from outside of CmapTools, launching the IHMC CmapTools software. Much like the "http://" protocol directs the client operating system to open a URL with a Web browser, using the "cmap://" protocol at the beginning of a URL indicates that CmapTools should be opened to view the contents of the URL. You'll see this being used more and more as Cmaps get integrated into Web environments.
• IHMC CmapLite v5.03 is also being released, recommended for machines with smaller amounts of memory (e.g. 256MB notebooks) or slow processors (e.g. older machines).
• CmapTools Help is now also available in French and Italian, in addition to English, Spanish and Finnish. They are automatically displayed when IHMC CmapTools runs in those languages.
A detailed list of new features and bug fixes can be found in the Release Notes
The number of languages has been extended to 17, and now includes Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, Basque, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Italian, Japanese, Kuna, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish. CmapTools defaults to the language of the operating system, but can be changed in the Preferences menu item. For detailed instructions please refer to the Help and read the entry titled "How to Change the Language".
We hope you enjoy IHMC CmapTools v5.03, and please keep in touch regarding your uses of the software. Do not hesitate to contact us at the CmapForum. The CmapForum contains documentation, answers to the questions most commonly asked, a place to provide suggestions, announcements, and troubleshooting sections.
Institute for Human & Machine Cognition
40 S. Alcaniz St., Pensacola, FL, 32502
Stay up to date with IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer software. Here you will find information about the latest releases of the software (e.g. new versions or updates), along with other announcements (i.e. Call for Papers, or invitations to participate in conferences regarding the use of concept maps..)
1 post • Page 1 of 1