Align Objects by Styles

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
dsonaria

Align Objects by Styles

Post by dsonaria »

How to "align objects" by "Styles"? I got help regarding "Text Alignment" "Change Fonts & Sizes" from http://cmap.ihmc.us/Support/Help/ but fail to get "align objects". I dig almost all sources.
acanas

Re: Align Objects by Styles

Post by acanas »

First, please post to the right forum, your message is not a suggestion.

Please be more specific in explaining the problem you are having. What operating system are you using? What version of CmapTools?

Did you select the objects and were able to select the Align icon on the Object tab on the Styles palette and nothing happened? ... from your message it is difficult to provide any help.

You need to select the objects you want to align, and then in the style palette select the Object tab, then select the alignment icon.
dsonaria

Post by dsonaria »

Please guide me, which is right forum for my question.
Yes, my problem is not suggestion but may be solution can be turn in more enhancements, at least for “Help” documentation.
I am using Windows 7 ultimate and version of CmapTools is 5.03
Yes, I did all trial but output is not desirable. I need step by step procedures like I mention previously about "Text Alignment"
More specifically herewith I am forwarding image. I want to keep “Plants” and “have” centrally and “roots” and “Leaves” both to the same degree, all should be same evenly space without using “Autolayout”

Untitled 7.jpg
I would like to know more is it any document available to systemically create Knowledge Domain e.g. “CmapTools Website”. I am not able to get explanation for many things.
acanas

Post by acanas »

The appropriate forum is the Troubleshooting forum.

I guess what you want is to have a map that looks like the image you post but with equal spacing. First, you need use the "Object" tab in Styles:
styles.jpg
Select "Trees", "have", "Roots" in the map and then makes sure "Space Evenly" is selected and the Fixed Gap entry is selected and has the value you want (e.g. 30). Now select "Align Center" from the Align pull-down menu.

Now select "Roots" and "Leaves", and select "Align Middle" from the Align pull-down menu.

I did it and got a map just like yours with equal spacing.