iPad version

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
bill.cutrer

Re: iPad version

Post by bill.cutrer »

I think this would be an amazing idea. I have found other apps with some ability to produce rudimentary concept maps, but they lack the user interface of Cmap tools. As the main force driving research and development of this amazing educational tool, I would love to see an iPad version. iPad offers such portability which will likely have a large group of followers switching from bulkier laptops for ease of transport, but more importantly for the touchscreen interface. Creating a concept map via the touch screen would be simply amazing. It would be fast and extremely efficient.

Thanks for your consideration of this type of endeavor.

Post by 454533 »

I jumped on this forum as i was interested in the porting over to mobile devices such as the ipad etc. Is this in the pipeline or perhaps "way down the line".
It looks possible surely
acanas

Post by acanas »

We're looking into it... right now its funding issue.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

Well...You've included a link to donate for Cmap. I've always been willing to pay to insure continued development. I did. Not a huge amount...But to be honest, I'm not using Cmap right now. I have a new Mac and don't want to install Rosetta on it. I also use my iPad almost exclusively. I would be happy to "donate" for an Intel version of Cmap Tools and an iPad version.

Thanks for your consideration.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

Any progress on funding and development for the iPad version?
I see this is by far the most viewed topic in the "suggestions" section...so hopefully that spurs development.

Is there any consideration for an Intel version of Cmap for OS X? I don't really want to install Rosetta on my new Mac for 1 program.

Thanks for a great program and customer support.
acanas

Post by acanas »

No news to share on the iPad version.

Actually, CmapTools is an intel build. Its the installer that requires Rosetta. We're looking into how to fix that.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

Thanks for the update on the iPad. Still waiting patiently! Should I donate again! :)

Good news for the Mac version. I don't want Rosetta on my Mac because I'm trying to keep old PPC coded programs off my new machine! I know...very anal. I might just suck it up to start using Cmap again though. My workflow is severely impacted.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

Any news? :) I see this topic continues to be very popular...by the number of views it ranks second overall!
msabourin

Post by msabourin »

Hi,
I've been using cmap for a few years now and one the first things I did yesterday when I got my new iPad was to check if there was a port for iOS. Like many others, I suppose, I'd really like to enjoy cmap on iPad and I'd be willing to contribute.
Do you think there is any way (e.g. Facebook) to assess general interest from individuals, institutions and corporations (perhaps among current users)?
Maybe a group of educational institutions would be willing to fund the start up, provided there is an expected return from selling the application on Apple Store.

that’s just my two cents.

Cheers from Canada (Québec)
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

How much would you be willing to pay for an iPad CmapTools app?