iPad version

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
bpwhistler

Re: iPad version

Post by bpwhistler »

@acanas...any hints of news on this???
acanas

Post by acanas »

Patience...
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

:cry: OK! If I have to be!
Just the idea that you're acknowledging its possible existence makes me leap with joy! :D
Cathb

Post by Cathb »

Hi, just wondering if there is an update. I teach concept mapping in a Uk business school, and we have been using cmap....just bought iPads for our students for the new teaching year in September, it would be fantastic to have this as an app. Do you have this on a development schedule yet?
Thanks
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

We are close to completing a first version. How many students do you have?
hale2

Post by hale2 »

I am holding my breath... Ok, not so much... whew...
But seriously, this would be of great help to me, and my colleagues in three research facilities.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

We are close to completing a first version.
@acanas...any news?

Cheers
rlagill

Post by rlagill »

If there is, in fact, a significant amount of interest in iOS and Android versions of CmapTools, I strongly suggest that the research institute investigate crowdfunding via http://www.kickstarter.com as a source of development funding for iOS and Android versions of CmapTools. This would allow researchers and developers to set a designated financial goal that they determine is necessary in order to create release versions of CmapTools for iOS and Android. Dedicated and interested users would then be able to pledge various amounts of money towards reaching that financial goal. You might be very surprised at the results of crowdfunding efforts through http://www.kickstarter.com! I am certainly looking forward to an iOS version of CmapTools, and I suspect that Android users are looking forward to the same for their platform of choice.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

I would certainly pledge for this to happen. Great Idea. I think the number of views on this topic compared to the rest of the forum topics indicates its popularity.
rlagill

Post by rlagill »

@bpwhistler, I would as well! I had the opportunity to try out an alpha (?) version for the iPad a year or so ago, and I was very impressed with what will eventually become a first release.