New Linkage Type

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
jgray

New Linkage Type

Post by jgray »

Hello!

One method for mapping biochemical pathways was using arrows ----------> to show positive effects, and this link: ---------I to show a negative causal relationships. For example:

(Growth Factor) -------------> (Regulatory proteins) --------------I (MYC/RB complex) ---------------I (Cdk formation) -------------> (Cell Division)

Meaning basically, a growth factor activiates regulatory proteins which then innactivate the MYC/RB comples which normally de-activiates CDK formation, thus causing cell division.

I know work in International Development in Africa, and use IHMC tools to map complex relationships between organizations and individuals. It would be GREAT if the next IHMC tool came with the -------------I arrow.

Jacob
acanas

Re: New Linkage Type

Post by acanas »

Interesting, what you are suggesting is to change the "arrowhead", right?
jgray

Post by jgray »

Yes... Exactly. Instead of an arrow head, it would be a straight line. This suggests an inhibitory relationship. For example, in my current work, we may come up with something like: (weak internal financial systems) -----I (organization's transparency and accountability) -----> (donor interest)
acanas

Post by acanas »

Don't you get the same effect by not using an arrowhead on those links?
Jiellen_27

Post by Jiellen_27 »

Sorry i have no idea co'z i'm newbie here,i hope you will not ignore me...
Thanks a lot...
how to treat depression
Regardz!!!