Portable Version of CMapTools

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
Ambimind

Portable Version of CMapTools

Post by Ambimind »

Hello everyone and particularly Cmap developers,

I wish to know if it is within the limits of the license agreement to make and distribute Cmaptools as a portable application using the following software: http://portableapps.com/apps/developmen ... m_launcher

I understand that the FAQ provides details of how to run the application on a USB drive, however the above method is a great deal easier: A single step, wizard guided procedure - allowing the application to be run without the fear of drive letter conflict, while keeping user profile and Cmaps across sessions.

I have already prepared the package for personal use and can provide it for download to developers. Otherwise, if there are no licensing issues, it could be distributed via "PortableApps.com" ?

Thanks,

Kiril
acanas

Re: Portable Version of CMapTools

Post by acanas »

Hi Kiril,

There is no problem to prepare a portable application, as long as the application is not sold. My concern would be whether new versions of the app would be prepared as new versions of CmapTools are released.
Ambimind

Post by Ambimind »

Hello acanas,

Great!
PortableApps.com does not sell software, they act as a hub for portable applications using their platform.
Regarding updates: The user would download the latest version of CmapTools from your website and set the installation directory to "[C:]\CmapToolsPortable\App\CmapTools\" - Profile and Cmap dirs can be set to anything. This is because the "cmaptools.cfg", which contains vital directory entries, is updated dynamically to reflect correct profile/Cmaps locations - mainly, in "[C:]\CmapToolsPortable\Data\". The other option will be to wait until I or another developer updates the portable package.

You may download the package from the following address:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ihmccm ... _2.paf.exe
(V5.04.01)

Kiril
Last edited by Ambimind on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
acanas

Post by acanas »

Thanks! We'll let people know about it.
cmapmind

Post by cmapmind »

cmapmind

Post by cmapmind »

Hello everyone,

There has been quite a few downloads of the portable version of Cmap Tools, if anyone is experiencing problems or has any suggests, please don't hesitate to post them in this thread.

Regards,
Kiril