Style palette is distracting

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
arend

Style palette is distracting

Post by arend »

The style palette is so distracting. Constantly having to move it out of the way, no way to roll it up. The menu bar has plenty of room. Would like to see that used as an option. A minimize button on the palette would be helpful but which only rolled it up into a small footprint. Anything to get that huge object off the screen yet keep it readily available....
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Style palette is distracting

Post by cmapadmin »

You can always close the Style Palette -- same close button as any other window. The Window Menu in the Views will bring it back.
quapurna

Post by quapurna »

Halo.
We can use Ctrl+T to show the Style palette.
It would be more helpful if Ctrl+T can toggle it; to show and to hide.
Thanks.
arendv01

Post by arendv01 »

The style palette only has an exit [X] button in the upper right. To open it again one must go into the menu or use an awkward button combo. I just find it very inefficient as I am working. The palette reduced to a small footprint easily accessed would just be so much more efficient. Even a "reduce to the taskbar" button [-] would work.
arendv01

Post by arendv01 »

Oops spoke too soon. Yes the Ctl-T to restore and [X] to close works perfectly. The problem is that Ctl-T is not posted in the menu under Windows[Show style palette], so was unaware the shortcut existed. Found it under Format [Styles]. Not where I would naturally go. Anyway, a little confusing. Perhaps add Ctl-T to Windows[Show style palette] for us more mentally challenged users. Thx.