Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:28 pm
Hi. I was looking for a mind mapping app on OSX that give free control over nodes and so far CmapTools seems the most close app I was looking for. Thank you for such great app. Just a number of suggestions I want to make though.
- I just saw someone pointed out mouse scroll with ctrl button. Pinch to zoom as well?
- I'm a Korean user and when character input is set to Korean I can't end editing whatsoever except esc button(alt+return, cmd+return none of them worked). Maybe you can make a keyboard shortcut cmd+return as `start/end editing node`
- This is what I was looking for, I thought it would be great if there is ghost node that can hold its position for distribution to child nodes. I tried to achieve this by adjoining two line explanations but it seems those two cannot be joined.
- Preferably UI be more OSX-like. Actually doesn't really matter but...
- Korean translation hopefully? nah just kidding. Would be great if there's a resource that I can help translating into Korean though.
That's all I can come up with so far... Maybe I'll post more if anything comes up. Thanks.
- - -
btw I'm using CMapTools on Macbook Air mid 2012, 10.11.4 El Capitan.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 609
- Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:22 pm
(1) The new Beta we are testing has support for mouse wheel scroll. You can register for the Beta at http://cmap.ihmc.us/phplist
(2) We have Korean users and we haven't heard from them having problems with character input. To finish typing in a node, click outside the node.
(3) This is a concept mapping software, not a mind mapping software.
(4) UI is the same for Windows, OS X and Linux. Exactly the same code.
(5) Always looking for a volunteer to translate to Korean. We provide all the files with the strings and the tools for the translation. Interested?