Consider open sourcing desktop CMapTools

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Consider open sourcing desktop CMapTools

Post by cmapadmin »

# of entries in the History has been increased to 100 in v6.02.
dgroos

Re: Consider open sourcing desktop CMapTools

Post by dgroos »

Just updating/using 6.02.
Love the "Styles" tool. Having the icon showing the style is very nice. Ironically perhaps, this feature greatly increased the usability of CmapTools. Basic to my implementation of concept mapping is to NOT force top/bottom hierarchy, allowing a more webbing use of the space. Previously, this required a few non-intuitive steps and was a constant additional cognitive load and for some students who didn't have that much available space in their working minds (for various reasons), it put concept mapping over the edge of possibilities... Looking forward to try the 'export/import' capabilities of styles w/my students (in the Ubuntu) version.
Suggestion: sort user-created styles to the top of the styles list instead of bottom.

Thanks for the increased list size to 100 in History!
Suggestion: enable the "view as icon" button in history. As mentioned previously, I'd like to look down the date-sorted list, my minds 'search' keying on the 'look' of the cmap.

Thanks also for the "Find in Views" capability in search--it already proved useful in finding a set of maps I made in 2011!