Knowledge model overview/ outline

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
jgorman

Knowledge model overview/ outline

Post by jgorman »

When you define a particular folder as a knowledge model and associate a home cmap, it would produce an overview map of all the cmaps that were connected. This would give the user an outline view of the whole structure of the knowledge model and facilitate moving through the model. This cmap would have to be automatically updated every time the knowledge model was changed. Please see an example from Smart Ideas 5 that I have enclosed.

Thanks,

Jim Gorman
Attachments
view from Smart Ideas 5
view from Smart Ideas 5
acanas

Re: Knowledge model overview/ outline

Post by acanas »

Thanks. We used to have this feature (Map of Maps we called it). May be time to review it and put it back in the program.
jgorman

Post by jgorman »

It would be greatly appreciated if it was put back in, Alberto.

Thanks!

Jim
acanas

Post by acanas »

I guess we took it out before you started using CmapTools ... what I didn't like was that it was being generated automatically at the Knowledge Model level every time you saved a Cmap, which made the whole process quite slow. We should reinstate it but generate it on demand.
jgorman

Post by jgorman »

Yes, I can see where automatically generating it every time a cmap is saved can significantly slow things down. The on demand feature would seem a reasonable compromise.

Jim
gektor

Post by gektor »

Map of Cmaps would be very useful for me.

By the way, how can the links between the cmaps be managed? I can create a link (symbolyzed by a small shortcut arrow in the corner of the concept) by dragging a connection outside one map into another. But how du I manage such connections? I cannot delete them, for example...
jgorman

Post by jgorman »

You can delete links by right-clicking on them or using the resource manager.
gektor

Post by gektor »

You can delete links by right-clicking on them or using the resource manager.
The links I mean are invisible in the resource manager. They are actually shortcurs: Image

The help-page (http://cmap.ihmc.us/Support/Help/BetweenCmaps.php) is not helpful in this aspect either... :(