loading of cmaps tools on computers in a classroom

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
jymartin

loading of cmaps tools on computers in a classroom

Post by jymartin »

Bonjour,

I am french and You will excuse my english and my question because this subject has, may be, already been tackled, but I didn't find it : is it possible to install Cmaptools on several computers in a classroom ?

I am a teacher in France and I am going on teaching practice and I would like to use cmaptools with my pupils.

thank you for your answers and sorry for my english ;) !

Bien cordialement,

Jean-Yves
acanas

Re: loading of cmaps tools on computers in a classroom

Post by acanas »

Yes of course, you can install it in as many computers as you want. You can also install a CmapServer in your classroom or school if you find it convenient for collaboration. Students can also install CmapTools on home computers ... its free for everybody to use. You probably know that CmapTools will start in French if running on an OS that is in French, or otherwise you can select the language to be French in the Preferences.
jymartin

Post by jymartin »

Bonjour,
thank you very much for your answer but I have another question :
how could I do the loading ? I did it on my personal computer at home,
but I didn't find how to do it for several computers...
do I have to indicate my personal e-mail for the loading in the classroom ?
I don't want that you loose your precious time with me, but could you indicate
where I can find the informations in order to load cmaptools on several computers ?

sincerely yours,

Jean-Yves
acanas

Post by acanas »

Once you have downloaded the Installer, copy it to the other machines and running. Could be through a network or using a USB stick. Don't need to register again, make copies of the downloaded installation program.