Image for concept

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
tobiaslombacher

Image for concept

Post by tobiaslombacher »

If I add a new background image for a concept, the text in the concept becomes in most cases unreadable. I would appreciate a possibility to align the image or icon either on the left or the right side of the text. Another possibility would be to set the background of the text to a specific color.
rcarvajal

Re: Image for concept

Post by rcarvajal »

@tobiaslombacher:

The image is always centered, but text can be aligned to the center, left, or right, or even placed at the top, middle, or bottom of the concept. If you play a little bit with the options in the "Style Palette" I'm pretty sure you will be able to find a workaround.
Another possibility would be to set the background of the text to a specific color.

Yes, you can set a background color to the text. How? Open the "Styles Palette" window, then click on the "Object" tab and then select a Color.
Rodrigo Carvajal
tobiaslombacher

Re: Image for concept

Post by tobiaslombacher »

Hello rcarvajal ,

thank you for the idea, but I already knew that. It is a way to work around it but in most cases the concept itself becomes really huge if you do so, and you have to adjust it every time you rename or change the concept which makes it very difficult. From my point of view this is not state of the art anymore. Especially if you think about working within a group environment there are many people and with different skills which are often not familiar with backdoor workarounds to achieve a certain result.

Regards
Tobias