Image as Concept

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
m_a

Image as Concept

Post by m_a »

Hi mappers out there!

Is there a way to use an image as a concept, because sometimes "a picture says more than thousand words"?
At the moment images can only set as a background - or?

Regards

m_a
acanas

Re: Image as Concept

Post by acanas »

When adding the image to the Views, select the "Clipart" option in the dialogue that shows up. This will add the image as clipart (also, resize it if its large by clicking on the Crop/Resize button) to the Views.

The clipart images can be dragged and dropped direcly onto the Cmap as concepts, no need to make a concept and then add the image as a background.

(Or try it with the clipart images in "IHMC Public Cmaps (3)/Users/Clipart", there are a few images there that have already been imported as clipart.)

Regards,

Alberto
m_a

Post by m_a »

Hi Alberto,

thanks for the hint - that's really helping me out!

By the way: is this function described in any documentation? 'Cause I didn't find it.

Regards

m_a
fridemar

Image for alternative language representation (Stenomotion)

Post by fridemar »

As an alternative to alphanumeric language labels, I am experimenting with graphical gestures, that are inspirated by stenography ( that can be drawn and/or represented by body-sign-language -> stenomotion ).

Suggestions:

in addition to standard graphics formats for static images and movies

* SVG (scalable vector graphics) as images
* ASVG (animated scalable vector graphics) as movies that need no clicks to be shown in nodes as well as possibly in edges (think of animated gifs, you frequently see as avatars)

In my vision gesture language has more bandwith/efficiency/beauty to communicate (in human<->human<->machine contexts), then plain old vocal/written language representations alone.
Let's FosterEachOther ( <- Google )
-- Fridemar
alinamike

Post by alinamike »

I would like the opportunity to assign different Tags to each concept. Those should include predefined tags which would allow that every user working on a concept map uses the same tags?