catalan dictionary

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
laendle

catalan dictionary

Post by laendle »

I am linux and cmaptools user. Linux users can not write diacritical signs in catalan unless cmaptools have the catalan dictionary. Also windows users of cmaptools can not correct the spelling without catalan dictionary.
When we use this catalan dictionary made by partners of Softcatalà we resolve these problems.

Could the developers of cmaptools include this catalan dictionary in the next cmaptools build ?

Thanks.
Carles.
acanas

Re: catalan dictionary

Post by acanas »

We'll look into it. The problem with each dictionary we add is that the download file gets larger and larger...
laendle

Post by laendle »

I understand it. I think that the price to have satisfied users of cmaptools is to have a dictionary for each language.
Also you could create a button that allow cmaptools users to load dictionaries of cmaptools from your web.
Libroffice /Openoffice do not load all dictionaries, only load those that the users want use in each moment.
Like this you could take out all the dictionaries of cmaptools and the file gets lighter.
acanas

Post by acanas »

Yes, we agree.