Pdf folder export with links

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
felthecat

Pdf folder export with links

Post by felthecat »

I know that this one will not be a priority, but at least, I'll suggest it for the recrods :)

1. Export in pdf a cMap and all other cmaps linked in it. Each cMap would have their own page in the pdf generated.
2. Automatically create links to the pages where a cMap is linked in it(the same way the links in web export is supposed to work. (In the exported pdf, you can already click on the icon you're supposed to click in the web-export and you can add a link to an other page with the pro version of acrobat).
3. Add the focus question as the header of each cMap's page and a link(with a significant icon) to go back to the page one (the root cMap on wich all the pdf structure has been created).

Benefits of this feature :
Share easily a cMap structure in a format almost everyone can read and even off-line.
(Actually, I've tried with the latest version of cMaptools to export a folder for the web and the cMap link don't even work. If I'm not wrong, the pdf export will be the first exported format to support cMaps hyperlinks)

Other benefits :
The people who are not used to cMaps will be able to explore a cMap with hyperlinks to other cMaps in a format they know(pdf) and can be attached to a mail. They will be able to discover and appreciate the benefits of cmaps.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, I'm used to speak French. :)
danimat

Re: Pdf folder export with links

Post by danimat »

Exporting PDF with links (like HTML) will allow CMAP users to distribute a graphical resume of the knowledge, allowing other non-CMAP users to browse.
The PDF can be placed in a CRM (SharePoint, Wordpress etc.), where is not possible to store CMAP HTML pages.
rissoleslip

Post by rissoleslip »

danimat wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:12 am Exporting PDF with links (like HTML) will allow CMAP users to distribute a graphical resume of the knowledge, allowing other non-CMAP users to browse.
The PDF can be placed in a CRM (SharePoint, Wordpress etc.), where is not possible to store CMAP HTML pages.connections game
It's quite interesting, but it would be better if users using other CMAPs could also be browsed.
cogobig

Post by cogobig »

felthecat wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:56 am I know that this one will not be a priority, but at least, I'll suggest it for the recrods :)

1. Export in pdf a cMap and all other cmaps linked in it. Each cMap would have their own page in the pdf generated.
2. Automatically create links to the pages where a cMap is linked in it(the same way the links in web export is supposed to work. (In the exported pdf, you can already click on the icon you're supposed to click in the web-export and you can add a link to an other page with the pro version of acrobat).
3. Add the focus question as the header of each cMap's page and a link(with a significant icon) to go back to the page one (the root cMap on wich all the pdf structure has been created). white screen

Benefits of this feature :
Share easily a cMap structure in a format almost everyone can read and even off-line.
(Actually, I've tried with the latest version of cMaptools to export a folder for the web and the cMap link don't even work. If I'm not wrong, the pdf export will be the first exported format to support cMaps hyperlinks)

Other benefits :
The people who are not used to cMaps will be able to explore a cMap with hyperlinks to other cMaps in a format they know(pdf) and can be attached to a mail. They will be able to discover and appreciate the benefits of cmaps.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, I'm used to speak French. :)
Thanks! I can find out what to map through the steps