Valid format for importing a text file

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
bilalraza001

Valid format for importing a text file

Post by bilalraza001 »

Can you please confirm what is the valid format for importing a text file into the CMap with a simple example. Currently, I'm getting an error that the file doesn't have a valid format.

Regards,
Bilal
bilalraza001

Re: Valid format for importing a text file

Post by bilalraza001 »

Just to give you some background information. I'm trying to import an already created ontology and then merge this ontology with another map.
acanas

Post by acanas »

There are several ways. One is a list of propositions with each line consisting of a <concept> -tab- <linking phrase> -tab- <concept>
ssridhar21

Post by ssridhar21 »

I am actually having issues importing altogether. When I try to import any format, CMAP Tools just closes, no errors or anything. I'm using version 5.05.01. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
acanas

Post by acanas »

Can you post a copy of the log? This entry explains how to get it. Also, what OS are you using? Can you also attach a sample file you are importing and that fails?

Thanks.
ssridhar21

Post by ssridhar21 »

My operating system is Windows 7. Sample input file and log files are attached. Any input you might have would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
CMAP_input_test.txt
(254 Bytes) Downloaded 261 times
cmaptools0.log
(76.76 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
acanas

Post by acanas »

OK, in Mac OS X it works ok, so we'll have to look into it -- your Cmap is fine. Attached is the result of the import
Attachments
CMAP_input_test - CMap.jpg