Cmaps need more Web integration.

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
fridemar

Cmaps need more Web integration.

Post by fridemar »

On http://cmaps.cmappers.net/rid=1G5GVX0S8 ... ative.cmap you can see in the Sandbox part that the following functions of Cmaps are not
realized in the HTML part:
  • Annotations
    Infos
    DiscussionThreads
To attract the wider Web-community to join we have two options:

* Put a legend on each HTML presentation that invites to join the Cmappers community by subscribing and downloading CmapTools to get the full functionality
* Cmappers avoid those features and source out Annotations to Wikis.

In any case, I suggest to realize at least the "Info" (aka ToolTip) function, because this helps to avoid overcrowded Cmaps.

It would be great, if some community minded peer would help to barnraise the common project.

For a single author it's a pain
to be left in the rain
Let's FosterEachOther ( <- Google )
-- Fridemar
fridemar

Another BiLink to connect communities

Post by fridemar »

-- Fridemar
fridemar

Nested nodes don't have a HTML representation either

Post by fridemar »

Justed noted on the CmappersSandbox, that the feature in CmapTools: CmapNestedNodes don't have an automatically generated HTML representation either.

BTW: Wouldn't it be great to have the CamelCase noted CmappersSandbox made automatically into a link, leading to the Cmap in question.
I will go on with this experiment to use such conventions, hoping that soon the Google engine helps to find the links.
-- Fridemar
fridemar

CmappersSandbox Html Representation Link

Post by fridemar »

CmappersSandbox Html Representation is here http://cmaps.cmappers.net/rid=1G5KYQS1R ... ndbox.cmap

Is there a possibility to make postings editable by the authors, such that we need not make addenda in "replies"?
-- Fridemar
fridemar

Post by fridemar »

Justed noted on the CmappersSandbox, that the feature in CmapTools: CmapNestedNodes doesn't have an automatically generated HTML representation either.

BTW: Wouldn't it be great to have the CamelCase noted CmappersSandbox made automatically into a link, leading to the Cmap in question.
I will go on with this experiment to use such conventions, hoping that soon the Google engine helps to find the links.

PS.: Using the backbutton, I try to reedit this text.
-- Fridemar
fridemar

Post by fridemar »

Just noted on the CmappersSandbox, that the feature in CmapTools: CmapNestedNodes doesn't have an automatically generated HTML representation either.

PS.: Using the backbutton, I try to reedit this text.
-- Fridemar
fridemar

Forum posting appear to be not reeditable.

Post by fridemar »

Using the backbutton to get into edit-mode of an already posted contribution, I tried to correct something and submitted it again.
Unfortunately it didn't work as hoped.
I had expected, that the old contribution would be overwritten, similar as in the preview mode.

Another workaround would be a suggested forum-mode, as used in facebook. There you can copy an older comment, delete it, create a new comment and paste the clipboard content into the new comment.
Of course a dedicated wiki for the Cmappers would be the most convenient form of state-of-the art community contributions (apart from collective Cmapping, which could be even superior).
-- Fridemar
fridemar

Forum posting appears to be not reeditable. EOM

Post by fridemar »

EOM = EndOfMessage
-- Fridemar
rcarvajal

Re: Forum posting appear to be not reeditable.

Post by rcarvajal »

fridemar wrote:Using the backbutton to get into edit-mode of an already posted contribution, I tried to correct something and submitted it again.
Unfortunately it didn't work as hoped. I had expected, that the old contribution would be overwritten, similar as in the preview mode.
The posts can be edited, the problem is that you don't see the icon that allows you to perform the Edit and Quote. It's a problem I'm trying to fix.

In any post you will see three icons (Delete, Report, and Information). If you move the mouse to the left of the "Delete" icon you will get the "Edit" option, and if you move it to the right of "Information" you will get the "Quote" option.

If you use Opera with "User Mode" you will be able to see the "Edit" and "Quote" links.
Rodrigo Carvajal
fridemar

Firefox plugin for Cmap Tools wanted (SearchAndMapTheWeb)

Post by fridemar »

What about a browser addon, that detects links on a HTML page, that point to *.cmaps.

If you click on such a special link, then you get the target as read/writable cmap within the Cmap client.

As a corollary the Cmappers community could SearchAndWeaveTheWeb / SearchAndMapTheWeb ( with Google, if it indexes *.cmaps, or some other specialized WebSearchEngine ).
-- Fridemar