RecentChangesOfCmapsWanted

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
fridemar

RecentChangesOfCmapsWanted

Post by fridemar »

Dear admin,
from wiki-history we learned, how important it is to have a central place of RecentChanges to form a community.
It would be a daunting task to manually poll thousands of public Cmaps to see what is alive and what is not.
As far as I could see, there is a Cmap tools internal history function, but only for one's own activities.
This is valuable to keep track of one's own work, but doesn't help to build a community.
Fridemar
PS.:
A workaround would be a dedicated wiki for Cmappers, where each one could point to their latest contributions.
Or at least a dedicated (sub-)forum, as several times suggested in this Suggestions-Forum, but without response from the admin.
Let's FosterEachOther ( <- Google )
-- Fridemar
fridemar

RecentChangesCmapsAboutusOrg

Post by fridemar »

As a workaround I opened a WikiPage on http://aboutus.org/RecentChangesCmaps for all Cmappers, who know to appreciate to show each other one's recent changes as an invitation to collaborate,
i.e. to WeaveTheWeb as TimBernersLee originally wanted to have it.

Without such Recent Changes of Cmaps, it is a pain to search hundreds of thousand, possibly dead cmaps, without knowing

* what keywords live in the database
* is the found cmap alive
* are the creators (or creator) inclined to collaborate (i.e. what are the given permissions)

For fostering a community, RecentChangesCmaps should
* show new creations as well as changes.
* have a user commentable abstract field, that describes the changes (or new creations, which are changes from nothing to something :-)
* optimally be placed on Cmappers.net/RecentChanges (or something similar)-
* show dateTime stamps, number of authors changes, number of visits
* perhaps show thumbnails
* perhaps show authors portraits
Let's FosterEachOther ( <- Google )
-- Fridemar