Find in Views not working

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
hferst

Find in Views not working

Post by hferst »

Hello,

I'm using CmapTools 5.03 on Windows. Thanks for the feature to open cmaps from the operating system, ie. double-click a cmap from Windows Explorer. I was really looking forward to this feature as it enables cmap integration with other programs. It works great, but still seems to have a few issues.

In Preferences, I defined the root folder for my cmaps as D:\My Documents\My Cmaps.
Create a folder "Test" and a cmap "Test Map".
Close CmapTools.
Then use Windows Explorer, navigate to D:\My Documents\My Cmaps\Test\Test Map.cmap and double click Test Map.cmap.

CmapTools starts with the Test Map opened as expected.
Yet if I now use Edit->Find in Views (Ctrl-E), then I get an error message:

Unable to open the Folder View for this Cmap. The server may be down, try again later.

I am expecting the Views Window with the cmap "Test Map" located in it's folder "Test". If I open the cmap not via Windows Explorer, but from within the Cmap Views, then Find in Views is working.

Secondly a more minor cosmetic issue: The title bar shows up differently depending on how you open the cmap:
a) opened from within Cmap Views, the title shows as <Cmap Name> - <Focus Question>
b) opened from Windows Explorer, the title shows as <Cmap Name>.cmap

Thanks,
Hubert
rcarvajal

Re: Find in Views not working

Post by rcarvajal »

@hferst:
Then use Windows Explorer, navigate to D:\My Documents\My Cmaps\Test\Test Map.cmap and double click Test Map.cmap.
CmapTools starts with the Test Map opened as expected.
Yet if I now use Edit->Find in Views (Ctrl-E), then I get an error message:
Unable to open the Folder View for this Cmap. The server may be down, try again later.
Secondly a more minor cosmetic issue: The title bar shows up differently depending on how you open the cmap: .....
b) opened from Windows Explorer, the title shows as <Cmap Name>.cmap
Having concept maps outside My Cmaps' Views is still under development.

Thank you for let us know about this two issues.
Rodrigo Carvajal