Files in "My Cmaps" doesn´t update while Cmaptools runs

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
bbmorales

Files in "My Cmaps" doesn´t update while Cmaptools runs

Post by bbmorales »

Hi there, everyone.

I´m running CmapTools 5.03 under Win XP SP2, 1Gb Ram.

Everything goes normal, except for one really annoying thing, which I´ve already spotted in 4.18 CmapTools version.

Suppose I´m working with CmapTools and I desire to add a image as background to my cmap, but this image is not in the "My Cmaps" folder.

Then, I copy this image to "My Cmaps" folder and when I try to find this file, it doesn´t appears inside the folder.
If I exit CmapTools (entirely) and run it again, there is the file!!!
Conclusion: CmapTools doesn´t update its file browser while running!!! :shock:

I´ve seen this happen in many other computers, but I cannot understand what is happening.

Does anyone seen this happening? help?

Thanks!
tifialf

Re: Files in "My Cmaps" doesn´t update while Cmaptools runs

Post by tifialf »

Hi Morales
That is not a bug.
Every time you launch CmapTools and every time you change some resource in Cmaps in my Computer (the main program tab which is open in Views when the program is running) there is an index file, project.idx, in My Cmaps, containing all resources information, that is updated.
If you paste or move a file in My Cmaps folder while CMapTools is running, that file project doesn't update automatically, so you can't see your resource avalaible in Cmaps in My Computer tab)
The proper way to get usability of a newly added resource while CmapTools is running, is to drag that resource directly from the source folder and drop it into the Views - CmapTools window. That will give you both a usable copy of the resource in My Cmaps and an updating of project.idx.

Alfredo
rcarvajal

Post by rcarvajal »

@tifialf:

I just want to add that you can drag and drop the resource (image, doc, video, pdf, etc) either to the Views Window or to a concept into the Concept Map.

Refer to the Help (http://cmap.ihmc.us/Support/Help/) and read the entry (or watch the video) titled: "Working with Resources".
Rodrigo Carvajal
bbmorales

Post by bbmorales »

Hello.

Just wanted to thank both of you.
Your replies were very helpful.

Bayard