Getting CMap to run in Vista

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
nrbclark

Getting CMap to run in Vista

Post by nrbclark »

Just got a new computer. I downloaded and installed CMap Tools. It won't run. I have tried running as an administrator, and just selecting it from the Start Menu. Nothing happens. No indication that anything is running. The Task Manager does not show it is running. I have a new Lenovo Think Pad tablet with Vista Enterprise SP1, 32 bit, 3G of Ram and plenty of hard drive space. On FSU Collee of Medicine network, we have McAfee and Counterspy running. I checked around, and other faculty who have this computer can not get CMap to run. It ran well on our old Dell XT tablets, also running Vista. Is this a Java version issue, a firewall issue, a video driver issue, or what? Anyone have any ideas?