Presentation Builder problems

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
vayankee

Presentation Builder problems

Post by vayankee »

I am having trouble using Presentation Builder. First, how do I create a second slide? Once the first slide is done, I cannot find a way to sart a new cmap without leaving the Presentation Builder. I tried selecting and copying a cmap and then inserting it into a slide, but that did not work. I'm lost. Second, how do i save my presentation? I have read through the help section on Presentation Builder, and the forum posts, but I am missing that piece of information. Thanks.
jarkko

Re: Presentation Builder problems

Post by jarkko »

1. You don't create a new cmap/leave the presentation tool to create new slides. I quote -and complement- the help-file:
"You can copy a selected slide and add selected Cmap items to create a new slide by clicking the name of the slide, selecting the additional items (on the cmap), then clicking the Copy and Add button." ('Copy and Add' is the leftmost button of the four in the presentation builder console.)

2. You save the presentation(s) by saving the cmap.

-Jarkko
--
CmapTools 5.04.01
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Core i7-4510U 2.00/2.60ghz
RAM 8gb
vayankee

Re: Presentation Builder problems

Post by vayankee »

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I now have saved my presentation, but unfortunately, it only has the first slide. I am still stuck on how to create the second slide. The help menu which you cite refers to "clicking the name of the slide." That is the problem for me. When I am in presentation Builder, I do not know where to find the other slides that I have created within Presnetation Builder so that I can click the name of one of them. If I try to create a new cmap within Presentation Builder, I am taken out of Presntation Builder.
If I click Copy and Add to stay within Presentation Builder, the window with slide 1 remains open, even though Presentation Builder shows, in the console, a slide 2 (that is empty).

I apologize for being slow in getting this, and appreciate your patience!