Cannot run cmaptools from my USB drive!

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
Amer

Cannot run cmaptools from my USB drive!

Post by Amer »

Hi guys,

I want to use cmap on a machine which does not allow downloading/installing any programmes (its the computer in our lecture theatre where i am lecturing a course). I wanted to take cmap on a USB drive and run it without installing it.

Tried to follow instructions in the fAQ section titled "can I run CmapTools from my USB drive on Windows machines". But it does not work. My computer is Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHZ 2gb RAM. Windows XP professional 2002. Is it because it is locked by adminstrator for such activities?

I tried to run this in DOS: Subst Z:E:\ but the message says "invalid parameter Z:E:\".

Please help.

Thanks

Amer S. Khan
Associate Lecturer/PhD Student
University of Sydney
acanas

Re: Cannot run cmaptools from my USB drive!

Post by acanas »

Hi,

Can you provide more information, in addition to "it does not work." Does it launch? What error do you get? Can you provide a copy of the cmaptools0.log file? Notice that in the "DOS: command you missed a space between Z: and E:\.

Please provide more information so we can help you.
Amer

Post by Amer »

Thanks guys for your help. I did get it installed on my usb drive. But now when I double-click on the start.bat file in my usb drive, the software seems to run three times (three windows open up at the same time, then after a while two of the windows give out a popup message that they will close as another copy of the programme is running!!).

I also got a log file on my usb drive. It is attached for your analysis.

Thanks again for your help. cmap is a great tool and the helpful cmap community makes it even more useful!!

Amer
Attachments
IHMC_CmapTools_v5.03_InstallLog.log
my log file on the usb drive
(68.19 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
acanas

Post by acanas »

Hi,

Unfortunately what you sent was the log of the installer, not the CmapTools log. It should have a name like "cmaptools0.log".

Its located within the CmapToolsLogs folder/directory in your home folder.

Thanks.