Formula editor opens empty submenu

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
pirad

Formula editor opens empty submenu

Post by pirad »

Hi. I'm using Ubuntu 9.10. After succsesfully editing my .profile file I finally can use CmapTools. But I have a problem with the formula editor. Some of the menues are broken somehow. When I click on the element/subset/union, greec alphabet (both), the brackets, integral/sum/root or vector/matrice there only appears a small dot and no menu to chose the symbol from. The others work fine. Oh and the same small dot appears when I want to know what version I have (must be the latest, I have installed the software just today).
Btw: sorry if my english is hard to understand, it's not my mothertongue. And: CmapTools is great - I have searched a long time for such a programm and now I finally found it :)
pirad

Re: Formula editor opens empty submenu

Post by pirad »

this bug also occurs at the shapes menue for the linking lines.
acanas

Post by acanas »

Can you please tell us what version of java your running?
pirad

Post by pirad »

Code: Select all

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_16"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_16-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.2-b01, mixed mode, sharing)
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

@pirad:

If you haven't fixed the problem, then try the New CmapTools v5.04 Beta 8 (ftp://ftp.ihmc.us/DownloadCmapTools/CmapToolsBeta/).

If the latest beta version does not fix your problem, then I would like to receive a screen shot of the concept map + the style palette. Remember that some of the options in the style palette are only available when you are in the editing the node (this is valid for the math symbols), in other words, having selected the node is not enough to activate the math editor, you need to double-click the node and enter into the edit mode.

CmapSUpport