Persistent "Welcome to IHMC CmapTools" window, UN/PW request

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
rpowell285

Persistent "Welcome to IHMC CmapTools" window, UN/PW request

Post by rpowell285 »

I just installed CmapTools on my MacBook Pro and every time I open it up it asks me (via the Welcome to IHMC CmapTools window) to create a user name and password. And every time I enter one. Yet, it asks for it/them again the next time I open it up. =) This can't be right. Any recommendations?

Version number: 5.03
RAM: 8 GB
acanas

Re: Persistent "Welcome to IHMC CmapTools" window, UN/PW request

Post by acanas »

There is a problem with running CmapTools under Snow Leopard where you cannot change the profile information once it has been set the first time (has been discussed in this forum elsewhere, has to do with the updated Java under Snow Leopard), but the behaviour you are seeing seems to indicate that the profile file was saved without any of your personal information.

Try the following: under your Home folder, Go to Library:Preferences:CmapTools

rename the file profile.xml to something else (e.g. profile.bck).

Launch CmapTools, fill in the information, and close the application. A new version of this file should be created. If the problem persists, please attach the profile.xml file and the CmapTools0.log file.
rpowell285

Post by rpowell285 »

Thanks, acanas! I tried your recommendation, but it's still asking me for my info every time I open the application. Also, I noticed that the "profile.xml" file is always named "profile.xml~". Seemed odd to me. Would love to get your ideas on what to do next. I will attach the files you asked for and a screen shot of the profile.xml file as it appears in the CmapTools Preferences folder. (FYI, when I tried to upload the .xml~ file I got a "The uploaded file is empty" error. So, it's not attached.)
Attachments
cmaptools0.log
(47 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Screen shot 2010-03-02 at 11.40.15 AM.png
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

@rpowell285:

The problem has been fixed in the new CmapTools beta version (v5.04 Beta 6) is available at ftp://ftp.ihmc.us/DownloadCmapTools/CmapToolsBeta/.

From the Announcement forum titled: "New CmapTools v5.04 Beta 6 Available" (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=257): "The main issue addressed is the problem found under OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) where the profile file could not be updated, preventing the user from changing preferences such as the location of My Cmaps, the default language, etc."

CmapSupport