Exporting folder to webpage problems.

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dmiller3

Exporting folder to webpage problems.

Post by dmiller3 »

I'm running CmapTools Version 5.03 on Windows XP 32-bit

I have a couple of Cmaps with resources that are shortcuts (instead of copying). When I export the folder as a webpage, the shortcuts appears as .alias files, and they do not open up in the exported html file.

However, if I open each Concept Map and select Export Cmap as Webpage, the links are correct. However, image files fail to copy correctly, so I have to manually copy the original files in to the folder containing all the images in the exported html folder.

Any idea if this is a bug, or am I doing something wrong. It seems that this version is confusing the Mac version of alias with shortcuts from Windows when exporting from folder. I've went ahead and reinstalled the windows version just to make sure.
acanas

Re: Exporting folder to webpage problems.

Post by acanas »

We're looking into it, running tests to confirm whether there is a bug.
rcarvajal

Post by rcarvajal »

@dmiller:

I was able to replicate the problem you are having when you export a concept map as a web page. CmapTools is not able to properly copy resources linked as shortcuts. So, it's a bug in CmapTools.

The only suggestion (or work around) is to avoid the use of shortcut to resources if you are planning to export the concept map as a web page.
Rodrigo Carvajal
rui_nar

Post by rui_nar »

hey, I have the same problem.

Any idea if this is corrected in the 5.04 beta version or even if it's planned to be corrected ?

cheers
Rui
acanas

Post by acanas »

No, won't be in 5.04. We're closing down the 5.04 code and this fix is not in, sorry.
jenb

Post by jenb »

I am running IHMC 5.04 and Windows 7. I am using Dreamweaver CS5 Version 11. I exported a concept map to put on our website: http://www.unh.edu/nressphd/registration_map.html. When you click on the resources the pop-up box appears somewhere on the webpage but not usually where you would expect. I've tested this with IE, Firefox and Chrome. Any suggestions? Thanks!
acanas

Post by acanas »

I presume that the export, before adding it to the website, works ok?
jenb

Post by jenb »

The export works perfectly.
acanas

Post by acanas »

You are copying the html generated and mixing it up with your "template" that contains its own javascript code, right? Somewhere along the way the coordinates seem to getting scrambled.

What we do in cases like yours is create a frame or table that invokes the html/javascript generated by CmapTools so each piece of codes stays independent. Se for example the way the maps are displayed in www.cmappers.net.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

@jenb:

As you had noticed the export of the concept map as HTML works fine, the problem is when you mix CmapTools code with your own code. If you separate them (following Alberto's suggestion) it should work.

Because I don't know exactly what part of your code is overwritten CmapTools code, I cannot tell you how to fix it.

Also, we use HTML 4.01 specification and you are using XHTML 1.0. Although both are identical (from a semantic point of view), it could be part of the problem.

CmapSupport