USER PROFILE NOT SAVED

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
jh

USER PROFILE NOT SAVED

Post by jh »

I'm using a MacBook OX 16.6.3 and every time I log in I have to fill in with name, org, psw, etc. I read in the forumss that there is a known bug:

Snow Leopard updates Java to 1.6, which on the Mac includes an incompatibility with previous versions that causes the saving of profile information to fail. Thus, if the user changes the default Language, location of My Cmaps, or any other property in the Preferences panel, it does not get saved and therefore will not be in effect the next time the program is launched. To change any preferences string, you need to carefully edit the profile.xml file with a text editor, changing the corresponding property string. The profile.xml file is located at "Library:Preferences:CmapTools:profile.xml", under the user's home directory.

I get into the profile.xml with the text edit but it is empty . Can anyone tell me what should I write in it ?. THX
jh

Re: USER PROFILE NOT SAVED

Post by jh »

The bug it is solved in the new version. I've installed it and it works. THX to Cañas

ftp://ftp.ihmc.us/DownloadCmapTools/CmapToolsBeta/
rodneytamblyn

Re: USER PROFILE NOT SAVED

Post by rodneytamblyn »

Hi everyone,

Using latest version (5.04) on Mac OS 10.6.3 my profile.xml file is not created (or rather an empty ~profile.xml is created) this results in the welcome preferences dialog appearing every time Cmaptools is installed (prompting for name, email address, password etc)

Just noting for anyone else encountering this problem that it is resolved by the above 5.04.1 beta 3 release.

Rodney
oceanbrowser.com