Can't search the web

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
nitzan

Can't search the web

Post by nitzan »

Hi!
When I click on some concept and choose "Tolls---Search--Web information" I got the message: "no web results". Something wrong in my process?

Thanks

Details:
Win7
3GB Ram
Cmap Tolls ver. 5.03 (Full Version - 61 MB)
Attachments
no-results.jpg
acanas

Re: Can't search the web

Post by acanas »

Just tried it and didn't have any problems. The WebSearch server is up. Are you behind a firewall? Could be that you have the port by which the WebSearch server is contacted blocked. This could be blocked in your computer or by the organization you are within (e.g. a university campus or company). CmapTools uses port 4999 to contact the WebSearch server. This posts mentions the other ports used:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=157&p=373&hilit=websearch#p373

Alberto
jtpier2

Post by jtpier2 »

I run into the same thing. I've installed Cmap tools on several machines and can't get the web search to produce results. I've went into the firewall settings and manually opened port 4999 (at least I think I did) and still no luck.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Details:
Windows 7
Cmap 5.04.02
acanas

Post by acanas »

Google changed their API and broke CmapTools' search mechanism. They won't be providing an API any more, so we'll have make the changes and use some other engine, probably Bing.