Linking propositions between Cmaps

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
bpwhistler

Re: Linking propositions between Cmaps

Post by bpwhistler »

Ok...I didn't wait for your reply and found the preferences pane and deleted it along with everything else. Now when I open Cmap it prompts me for the same "allow incoming connections" but also for my user info...which I expected following deleting the preferences. The problem now is that after entering them and quitting the program...and then relaunching...it asks me the same questions again. I have to answer the "allow incoming connections" question (whether I click allow or deny) and then I have to re-enter all of my user info. This happens each time I launch Cmap. My Cmaps are still present and accessible thankfully. I will check the firewall requirements.
acanas

Post by acanas »

To get rid of the problem of having it ask for your personal information download the beta at ftp://ftp.ihmc.us (this has been reported elsewhere in this forum). On the firewall, there is nothing to be done in CmapTools, its a firewall configuration issue. As I said, removing the preferences file wouldn't help.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

I'm playing with my firewall...thanks. I realize that firewall settings don't have anything to do with the program...just didn't understand why it was working prior to deleting and reloading the same version of Cmap.

I tried to download the beta as a guest without success. There were 3 icons at the ftp site...2 links (not working) and an empty folder.

Thanks.
acanas

Post by acanas »

Just tried it, downloaded without problem.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

I must be an idiot then...tried again with the same results. Here's the error I received.
Screen shot 2010-04-25 at 3.01.41 PM.png
acanas

Post by acanas »

Try it from a browser.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

I was trying with Safari. Switched to Firefox and it came right through.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

That worked for stopping the never-ending cycle of entering my user info...thanks.

I configured my firewall...and it allowed me to open Cmap without the message. One question on ports: 8001/80 Output TCP Web server of the CmapServer (Place)...is the 8001/80 two ports: 8001 and 8080? I only entered 8001 and I didn't get any errors. Should I also enter 8080?

I was hoping this Beta was going to fix my inability to link between Cmaps too! Oh well...no such luck.

Thanks for your time helping me fix all these little things. I look forward to being able to link my Cmaps...and have them on an iPad too!

Cheers!
acanas

Post by acanas »

Different CmapServers can be configured to run the webserver on different ports, so it depends on the CmapSevers you are accessing.
bpwhistler

Post by bpwhistler »

Ok...thanks for all the help. I'm back up and running again.