Is it possible to Save a Cmap as XML ?

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
hsfrey

Re: Is it possible to Save a Cmap as XML ?

Post by hsfrey »

Here is the URL as copied from the resource properties in the Views window:
file:///C:/Computers/JavaScript/USSC%20Parser/MU-07-290.Op.AS.html#S18

The browser is called up, and the file is found and displayed, except that it is at the start, and in its address line shows:
file:///C:/Computers/JavaScript/USSC%20Parser/MU-07-290.Op.AS.html

As you see, the name anchor has been dropped.

If you like, I could try to upload the the Cmap to my website, though I'd probably have to fiddle the URLs to get them to work there.
acanas

Post by acanas »

Let me check it out. Should have worked.
acanas

Post by acanas »

On a Mac it works fine if the URL is on the Web, but on a local file system file:///... URL it gives client error. From what you say in Windows the URL is modified, truncating the end.

We'll need to look into how these URLs are being handled when they are passed on to the local file system.
hsfrey

Post by hsfrey »

Thanks for looking into it!

If you post a solution, and I don't respond right away, don't be insulted. :) I'll be incommunicado for the coming week (50th Medical school class reunion).
hsfrey

Post by hsfrey »

Prof. Canas:

In the 2 weeks since we last talked, have you had a chance to find out why Windows is truncating the named anchor from URLs of local files?

If not, can you suggest a workaround?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

@hsfrey:

Please refer to Alberto's previous post at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=305#p847

Alberto's post explains why Windows is truncating the named anchor from URLs of local files or the "file://" protocol.

CmapSupport