v 5.04 Windows Vista install bug?

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
jgorman

v 5.04 Windows Vista install bug?

Post by jgorman »

CmapTools v5.04
Windows Vista SP2
3.00 GB RAM

I have included a screen shot of what I get when I click the installer. I can choose the directory but it comes back to the same dialog box looking exactly the same. What can I do?
Attachments
install bug.jpg
jgorman

Re: v 5.04 Windows Vista install bug?

Post by jgorman »

Oh yes, when I try the updater for 5.03 it says it is up-to-date.
marroyo

Post by marroyo »

Hi JGorman,

Sometimes after downloading the CmapTools installer for your platform, it's possible to have the installer popup saying "Incorrect magic number" or start correctly, but when asked where to place CmapTools, the installer will keep prompting you to "Please select another location to extract the installer to". The problem in both cases is that the download is infact corrupt and the installer is not able to continue, but instead of correctly realizing that the internal archive of CmapTools is corrupt, the installer just thinks you are selecting bad locations to extract to and giving you a somewhat cryptic message. In these cases the fix is to redownload the installer and make sure that it's size matches the size specified here:

File: WinCmapTools_v5.04_07-16-10.exe (for Windows 32-bits)

Size: 59.8 MB (62,783,634 bytes)
Size on Disk: 59.8 MB (62,787,584 bytes)

FIle: Winx64CmapTools_v5.04_07-16-10.exe (for Windows 64-bits)

Size: 51.4 MB (53,911,251 bytes)
Size on Disk: 51.4 MB (53,911,552 bytes)

You can also run the option "CmapTools - Check for Updates" and receive the corresponding update.

Marroyo
acanas

Post by acanas »

The updater from 5.03 to 5.04 (Check for Updates) has been fixed, thanks for reporting it.
jgorman

Post by jgorman »

Thanks Alberto! The updater recognized the newer version and successfully installed it. Can't wait for CMC 2010... see you there

Jim Gorman
BurntSynapse

Post by BurntSynapse »

I am performing a new install, and getting this error. I hope to avoid trying to uninstall 5.04, the installing 5.03 then running update...
acanas

Post by acanas »

Download v5.04 again.. the problem is the download was not completed correctly.
laurisbamidele

Post by laurisbamidele »

I tried to install IHMC CmapTools v5.04 for Windows (in a laptop, with Windows Vista, and 3 GB RAM) but when opening the file, a message appears and says: "please select another location to extract the installer to"
I tried with different locations and it did not work. I downloaded it another time but again received the same message.
Could you please advice?

Thanks! Laurisbamidele
acanas

Post by acanas »

Please check the previous posts: this has been reported earlier. Your download was corrupt (incomplete), download the file again and try the installation again.