Preferences in 5.04

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
ErNa

Preferences in 5.04

Post by ErNa »

I updated 5.03 to 5.04 and can no longer change the installation language (german) to english using preferences. Also the default miniature folder display can not be changed to tree persistently. The release notes say: "Fixed the problem on the Mac (Snow Leopard) that causes the saving of profile information to fail." By shifting it to windows?
acanas

Re: Preferences in 5.04

Post by acanas »

Strange, can you please post the log file? We have been using this build for months on machines and haven't seen this bug reported.
Please provide also information regarding what version of Windows you are using, and whether you have other versions of Java installed.
ErNa

Post by ErNa »

Where to find this log file?
Some more infos: I have my local cmaps into a certain folder, non standard, and these directories were found after installation.

Now I made another experiment: I changed the root directory for local maps to a nonexisting folder. I was asked to create this folder, answered yes and restarted cmaptools. The root directory was not changed. But when I looked to the directory via windows explorer, the newly named root directory was existing and had an empty, newly generated project.idx

Where to find the preferences file?
Last edited by ErNa on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acanas

Post by acanas »

This entry explains where to locate it:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65
ErNa

Post by ErNa »

Ok, I made some tests with another installation and found, that there is profile.xml in application data\CmapTools.
When I change language selection, an empty file profile.xml~ is generated. profile.xml is not changed.
If I change the language entry in profile manually, it works as expected.
But the original profile xml is only in the range of 6kB. While an old one is 13kB. This old one allows for example to change an entry

<property name="FolderBrowserMod_Window_View">
<string>treeView</string>

and so I can change the display from mosaics to tree.

So I just copied the old profile from the 5.03 version and have, what I wanted, but I can not change this via CmapTools.
acanas

Post by acanas »

If you have the time, send us the logfile.
ErNa

Post by ErNa »

I am setting up a new notebook and will do the experiment in a "clean" environment. If I can repeat this behavior, I'll send the corresponding log file. If not, I'll send this one from this machine. It will take some days. Thank You.