how to modify glue-point position?

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
quapurna

how to modify glue-point position?

Post by quapurna »

Halo, forum members.
Please, see the image attached.
Thanks.

NB: I can not attach the image. A line appeared saying:
"Could not upload attachment to ./attachments/15183_f843c2fb95efd09f6947ebd0393ce14a."
This is not the first time. What is the reason?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: how to modify glue-point position?

Post by cmapadmin »

Hi,

We'll look into the image restriction. We are in constant battle against spammers and some setting may have gone wrong. But we received the image via email.

There is no way to move all the lines. In the new version which is beta, there is a way to set a 'default' point, but it probably doesn't help your issue. Hard to see how this could be handled by multiple lines, though.

If you want to play with the new settings, download the new beta at ftp://ftp.ihmc.us/DownloadCmapTools/CmapToolsBeta/

Then, in the Preferences Panel, under Cmap Editing, you can select the destination point. Now that I look at it, maybe "border" should be one of the options for destination point, having the closest border point be the destination.
quapurna

Post by quapurna »

Thanks for the info about that option.

I have installed version "6.00 beta 4 CF" for Windows and tried the option items you mentioned.

The two option items are helpful when I make new nodes. I can stay on the same map (without closing it) and change those options and they are applied instantly for new nodes I make.
However, our maps are dynamic; we may change the structure and need to modify those glue-points. In this case, that option is not helpful at all.

My request:
In Style Palette, Line tab, a feature is provided to modify the start-location and end-location of many selected lines.
Is it technically possible?

Thanks.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Its technically possible... we'll add it to our list of suggestions. Don't know how much priority we can give it. Our development is based on funding from research grants so we usually concentrate on what the grants include.
quapurna

Post by quapurna »

Please, make higher priority to this request.

In Style Palette, Line tab, a feature is provided to modify the start-location and end-location of many selected lines.

Thanks.