Camp Tools close automatically when open at OSX YOSEMITE

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Camp Tools close automatically when open at OSX YOSEMITE

Post by cmapadmin »

If you download the OS X CmapTools installer, it will install v6.00.2. In this version, the installer first removes the IHMC CmapTools folder instead of uninstalling it avoid the system from asking to install Java 6 to uninstall the previous version.
mkpoitras

Post by mkpoitras »

it worked!! thank you
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Great. We are updating the website to reflect this new version. No change in functionality, just the Installer.

Apple's changes with the way the manage Java is really creating headaches.
philippemorin123

Post by philippemorin123 »

Hi!

I'm a new user from (French) Canada! I tried CmapTools many years ago but decided at the time to buy an academic licence for MindManager instead. Sadly, this product is so full of bug that I decided I would come back to Cmap Tools.

However, I'm also having troubles with Cmaps and Yosemite (10.10.2). I think the problem is with the installation. I get the following message:
The installation of IHMC CmapTools v6.00.2 is complete, but some errors occurred during the install.

Please see the installation log for details. [...]
First: Where is this installation log? :P

[s]Secondly, when I try to lauch the app, nothing happens. My Java version is Java 8 Update 31.
I did get a windows about having to install Java 6... I think I clicked on "OK" or something... Anyway... The app isn't launching.[/s]

Oh! Forget about this! It seems I wasn't using the good file to launch CmapsTools. It seems the installer doesn't create the aliase in my Dock, so I had to use the icon in the Launchpad (bin/LAforCmapTools.app) but nothing happened... It seems the good file is bin/CmapTools.app... ...

Is it only me who is an idiot or do we need an new installer? My system is set in French (Canada).
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Hi. We are working on getting the installers work with the different versions of Java and of OS X.

Double-clicking on the CmapTools.app icon on the folder where you installed CmapTools should have worked. We haven't figured out why the icon won't show on the dock until you logout and login again, once more an installer problem.
philippemorin123

Double-clicking on the CmapTools.app icon on the folder where you installed CmapTools should have worked.
It does work now that I checked once more. The filepath is /Applications/IHMC CmapTools/CmapTools (CmapTools being an aliase).

As you said, the icon didn't show up in the Dock, neither in the Lauchpad.

Here are the new icons that appeared on my Lauchpad after the installation:

First, there's "Change Cm... Installation" & "IHMC CmapsTools (Other['Autre'])"
Then, in "IHMC CmapsTools (Other['Autre'])", there are only "LAforCmapTools" (which doesn't work!) and "Updater" (which doesn't work either).

(Damn! Ask me if you need bigger screenshots. :P )
Apple's changes with the way the manage Java is really creating headaches.
I bet! :P
Last edited by philippemorin123 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Thanks. We've been struggling with Install Anywhere (our installation software) and OS X... the installation software is not keeping up with Apple's changes.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

We've released a new version of CmapTools, v6.00.4 which should be used by users with OS X Yosemite, which should solve the problem with the uninstall requesting that Java 6 be installed and the CmapTools icon not appearing in the Dock after installation.

For users of OS X 10.7 and earlier, please download a special build that uses Apple's installed Java 6 from:

ftp://ftp.ihmc.us/DownloadCmapTools/Cma ... -12-15.zip
philippemorin123

Thank you! It's working!