pb d'identification pour collaborer -problem to collaborate

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
Desfriches

pb d'identification pour collaborer -problem to collaborate

Post by Desfriches »

Hey,

I try to collaborate on a Cmap but I find some problem to enter by identification for being able to make modifications on this Cmap.
The cmap is on the third server, my friend finds my folder, and the Cmap inside, she can open it, but can't modify.
The problem seems to be on the identification process : first, we don't know if we have to use the ID of the personal account or the ID created by the owner (admin) of the Cmap ? And we tried both but none of them work.
I define the rights of the folder containing the Cmap to make her able to modify. I don't have any option to define rights for this cmap in particular.
We tried on a cmap for which I'm the owner, and also on another Cmap where she's the owner.

version of Cmpatool installed : 6.00
My computer : Mac OS 10.9.5, 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
10 Go of ram

thank you !
-------------------------
Bonjour
j'essaie de collaborer sur une Cmap enregistrée dans mon dossier utilisateur, mais il y a un pb d'identification au moment où l'on essaie de modifier la carte.
La Cmap est enregistrée sur le 3eme serveur, et ma collègue trouve mon dossier, elle peut ouvrir la carte mais pas la modifier.
On n'arrive pas à entrer les bons Identifiants, à savoir, ceux de l'utilisateur créés pour son propre compte ou ceux créés par le créateur du dossier dans lequel se trouve la cmap à partager pour collaborer. Nous avons essayé avec les deux types d'identifiants créés.
J'ai bien trouvé les droits, mais je n'ai pas d'option pour dire "cette personne peut modifier la carte" : les droits proposés concernent le dossier qui contient la carte, je les paramètre normalement pour lui permettre de modifier. Lorsque ma collègue tente de modifier, l'identification échoue avec les deux types d'identifiants créés, évoqués ci-dessus.
Nous avons tenté sur une carte pour laquelle je suis admin et sur une carte où elle est admin, le résultat est le même.
la version de Cmpatool que j'utilise : 6.00
mon ordi : Mac OS 10.9.5, 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
10 Go de ram

merci d'avance
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: pb d'identification pour collaborer -problem to collabor

Post by cmapadmin »

Hi,

Whatever userid and password you and your colleague have are to be used to establish the synchronous collaboration. If she is not being able to edit it its because she is not providing the correct userid or password. The userid+password are in the folder, as you well state. If you send me the path for the folder I can check who has permissions on that folder and what userids should be used.
Desfriches

Post by Desfriches »

ok thank you,

the path for my folder is : Cmap Places> IHMC public cmap (3)> Users > Orelie Desfriches> medicament et brevets
and the other folder is : Cmap Places> IHMC public cmap (3)> Users > Claire Lavenir> Ressources pour Conflit d'intérêts

Thank you a lot,

Orelie
Desfriches

Post by Desfriches »

actually, I think my question is : does one needs to know my general ID and password to invite me to collaborate on a Cmap ?
or can one create ID + password only for access to one Cmap to collaborate on it ?

the ID + password we've been using are different,
I've got one general ID + password, which is the one I defined at the beginning of my use of the software,
and My collegue has been inviting me to collaborate on the CMap with another ID + Password, she created.

Thank you again
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

There is no invitation needed. If asked, you have to provide the userid+password in the folder that contains the Cmap.

To get the collaboration going, one user starts editing the Cmap. When the second user tries to edit, the system asks the first user whether they want to allow the collaboration. If the first user accepts, the collaboration begins. The system asks what userid wants to use to be shown in the chat, it has nothing to do with permissions.