Link to open a map?

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
RicFr

Link to open a map?

Post by RicFr »

Hi

I would like to have, in a web page, a link to a map. Not to the web page of the map, but the link would open CmapTools and loads the map, as when you have a link for a docx file, it opens Word with the file.

Is that possible?

Thanks for your help

Richard
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Link to open a map?

Post by cmapadmin »

Replace http://... by cmap:// in the address of the Cmap on a CmapServer. This relies on the operating system to correctly launch CmapTools, and sometimes it doesn't work as changes are made to the OS. At this point, OS X is giving problems when opening Cmaps this way.
RicFr

Post by RicFr »

Hi and thanks for your answer!

The server is on a VM with Windows Server 2012. My PC has WIndows 8.1 64. The solution does not work, maybe because I am in an intranet.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Try opening the following link:

cmap://cmapspaceexp.ihmc.us/rid=1NR4DS4FK-2CSWF1N-3YH/

in a web browser. Let us know how it goes.
RicFr

Post by RicFr »

A message asked permission to start the Cmap application. I said no.

Just kidding ;) . It works.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Ok. good. This doesn't work 100%. Different combinations of browsers and operating systems have different results.