Missing small triangle to view folder contents in Views

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dgroos

Missing small triangle to view folder contents in Views

Post by dgroos »

I've noted this over the years when, perhaps due to a copy/paste done in "Views" of a cmap folder, the small triangle (in macintosh or the key in Ubuntu) is not next to the folder, even though there are items in the folder.

While I can still double-click on the folder and it will open in a new window, this is sub optimal. Is there a way to fix the missing triangles? For some reason this recently happened on most of the folders created by students (not because of copying/pasting).

Thanks,
David
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Missing small triangle to view folder contents in Views

Post by cmapadmin »

Are these resources being added to the folder by other CmapTools clients accessing your shared folder? CmapTools does not check whether new resources are added, you have to do a Refresh (Edit -> Refresh / F5) to have it update.
dgroos

Post by dgroos »

These resources (cmap files) are added by the student to a folder they created on our cmapserver 2 weeks ago. Upon further checking:
--Problem is present in all folders created 2 weeks ago.
--selecting refresh inside a folder that has a folder with a missing triangle and the folder with the missing triangle.
--however, opening the misbehaving folder instantly puts the triangle back and the triangle remains until...
--I close and relaunch CmapTools upon which the triangle is again missing.

Thanks
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Seems like a bug.... we'll try to reproduce it.