uninstall in windows 8

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
ssturup

uninstall in windows 8

Post by ssturup »

I am trying to uninstall Cmap version 6.00 from my win8 64 bit machine. I need to do so because I (stupidly apparently) downloaded version 6.01 and now it won't run because there are two versions

When I used the control panel uninstall program system, the system initially asked me if the program had worked correctly or if it should trouble shoot. I thought this was odd so pushed ignore the problem. Now neither program will run, when I click on cmap nothing happens. neither program will uninstall, when I click uninstall nothing happens. Yet the program can still be found.

I dare not try installing again least I create more problems.

Your help would be appreciated.

SS
marroyo

Re: uninstall in windows 8

Post by marroyo »

I understand that you installed CmapTools v6.01 on the same folder of CmapTools v6.00. Don’t worry your cmaps and resources are safe because CmapTools saves these files in another folder (in “My Cmaps” under your home directory).

To fix this problem follow this instructions:

1. Delete the CmapTools directory.

If you are installed CmapTools for Windows of 32-bit, CmapTools was installed by default in: C:\Program Files (x86)\IHMC CmapTools
If you are installed CmapTools for Windows of 64-bit, CmapTools was installed by default in: C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools

Delete the folder: “IHMC CmapTools”.

2. Install again the last version of CmapTools.

marroyo