I HAVE INSTALLED CMAPSTOOL V6.01 AND I CAN´T SAVE MAPS

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
jcuadros

I HAVE INSTALLED CMAPSTOOL V6.01 AND I CAN´T SAVE MAPS

Post by jcuadros »

Dear MArroyo
As requested I´m attaching the CmapTool Log0 and a Bug Report Form, that I get when I tried to save a file
Thank you very much for your help
Jorge Cuadros

====================

Dear friends:
For several years I didn´t have troubles with CmapsTool in desktop

However today I installed CMAPSTOOL version 6.01 in Windows 8.1 64 bits, all functions working ok, but I can´t to save the maps in the default directory C: documents/My Cmaps.
The save command is frozen...don´t respond.

I tried to uninstall and install several times, but nothing....

Please send your comments how to overcome this issue.

Thank you very much

Jorge
Attachments
cmaptools0.log
CMAPTOOLS LOG
(75.19 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Bug Report Form2
Bug Report Form2
BUG REPORT FORM 1
BUG REPORT FORM 1
Last edited by jcuadros on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
marroyo

Re: I HAVE INSTALLED CMAPSTOOL V6.01 AND I CAN´T SAVE MAPS

Post by marroyo »

Hi Jorge,

Sounds like you don’t have permissions to save in this directory. Please verify that your “My Cmaps” folder is in the following location:

C:\Documents\My Cmaps

or

C:\Users\<user-name>\Documents\My Cmaps

Please send to us the log file (cmaptools0.log) located in the “CmapToolsLogs” folder under your home directory.

marroyo
dzfh15

Post by dzfh15 »

Hello,

regrettably i have to chime in here.

I am a huge fan of CMAP tools and wanted to revitalize this tool.

Having installed it on a OSX 10.10.4 in the latest release, i can run the application, but as soon as i want to save the file, i can't - not even browse the filesystem to look for another folder.
Permissions are perfect (subdirs of the user's home dir), and i checked even with an administrative account which has permissions to write everywhere.

Looks heavily like a java security-setting issue?

I compared behaviour for the case of running the applications under JAVA 8 under OSX (bypassing CMAPTools own JRE), but this did not change anything about it.

The log file does not provide anything but the installation log...

Best
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

How about the CmapTools log? Not the installation log. Its should be located at:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65

Is your My Cmaps located in a non-default location? (did you change it during installation)?
dzfh15

Post by dzfh15 »

Hello,

thank you for your proposal.

That's interesting: i can't find such a file anywhere on my system, hidden and system files included. Might that be a hint?
In terms of the installation path: i left everything untouched during the installation, in order to make sure everything will run smoothly.
The installation ended up in

/Applications/IHMC CmapTools.

The only file of a similar name in my home is:

~/Library/Preferences/CmapTools/.cmaptools.lock

which never gets removed when having closed the application. If i remove it, the next launch will recreate it (all fine), but the file will stay (possibly not so fine?)

So:logs definitely only on a global level under /Appplications...
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Strange. There should be more files in the ~/Library... directory, including profile.xml and servers.xml files. But if it created the lock file it must have write permissions.

Try deleting the ~/Library/Preferences/CmapTools folder and run the program again. There should be more files in the folder.

The profile.xml file is the one that tells CmapTools where to save the Cmaps, and its missing.
zzamani

Post by zzamani »

Hi
I had changed my CMAP directory from My documents to Another location. When I was saving the file, it asked me if I wanetd to "save as" or over write, and I always clicked, "No" meaning, yes over write the existing file. Now that my file has been closed, and I opened the folder, nothing has been saved (10 hrs of work gone). Please help me find my file, at least as a temporary file that ca be recovered. Thanks
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Did you change the Cmap Directory using the option in Preferences? Did you look at the previous location where your My Cmaps was located?

Can you send us a copy of the log file? This entry shows where they are located:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65