Where are the arrowheads?

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
eliza15

Where are the arrowheads?

Post by eliza15 »

Hi,
I'm using Cmap with Mint 17 and Windows 7 and I have the problem that I cannot see any arrowheads when the arrow is pointing downwards. When comparisch two maps the connectin acts as if it had a direction but it is not displayed in the map. How can I fix this? I attached a jpg.
Thanks in advance.
Eliza
Attachments
arrowheads.jpg
marroyo

Re: Where are the arrowheads?

Post by marroyo »

Hi Eliza,

The idea behind the arrowheads is that Concept Maps are read from top down, by default, unless an arrow indicates otherwise. So CmapTools by default only adds the arrowhead when the proposition is to be ready 'upwards' or when it is somewhat ambiguous because the proposition is close to horizontal. And no, currently there is no way to change this default.

If you select the entire Cmap and use the Style Palette you can change the arrowheads:
Arrowheads.png
Draw Arrowheads even if the Connections do not end at a Concept.
Draw Arrowheads if the Connections end at a Concept.
Draw Arrowheads if the Connections end at a Concept and are sloping up.
Do not draw Arrowheads.

Marroyo