Change Default Style

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
hferst

Change Default Style

Post by hferst »

I'm using CmapTools 6.01 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.4.

I would like to simply change the default style that CmapTools loads after startup. I'd like to make only small changes. For example instead of the default text style "Verdana", use "Helvetica Neue". Use white as the background color for all concepts.

I found the following entry in file /Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/cmaptools.cfg

# ==============================================================================
# Default Style Sheet CXL file (Name of the cxl file containing a _Default_
# style sheet which will be used as the default style for all new maps.
# ==============================================================================
editor.default.stylesheet.cxl=DefaultStyleSheet.cxl

And /Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/DefaultStyleSheet.cxl appears to define the default style, Verdana etc.

I made a copy of the DefaultStyleSheet.cxl file and saved it as CustomStyleSheet.cxl in the same /bin directory with following minor changes:

$ pwd
/Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin
$ diff DefaultStyleSheet.cxl CustomStyleSheet.cxl
7c7
< <concept-style font-name="Verdana" font-size="12" font-style="plain" font-color="0,0,0,255" text-margin="4" background-color="237,244,246,255" background-image-style="full" border-color="0,0,0,255" border-style="solid" border-thickness="1"
---
> <concept-style font-name="Helvetica Neue" font-size="14" font-style="plain" font-color="0,0,0,255" text-margin="2" background-color="0,0,255,0" background-image-style="full" border-color="0,0,0,255" border-style="solid" border-thickness="1"

Then I edited /Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/cmaptools.cfg to point to my CustomStyleSheet.cxl:

editor.default.stylesheet.cxl=CustomStyleSheet.cxl

Saved, and started CmapTools.

Result: No effect at all. I've created a new concept map and added a concept. This still uses the out-of-the-box default style, Verdana text and default concept map background color.

Can someone help? How can I modify the default style for all my concept maps?

Thanks,
Hubert
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Change Default Style

Post by cmapadmin »

The new Beta available at ftp://ftp.ihmc.us/ allows to create Templates. if you right-click on a named Template (templates are in the Style palette) you can set one as your default style.