CmapTools won't launch

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
Trizztein

CmapTools won't launch

Post by Trizztein »

Hello, when I try to launch my Cmap tool, it just gives me an error message saying the program is already running ... when it's not. When I open my computer's tasks manager, Cmap is just not there. I would reinstall but fear to lose my files, which I can't locate on my computer (so can't back up). Thank you.

EDIT: I do not know which version of Cmap I'm using; I guess I could find it if I could open the program ...
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: CmapTools won't launch

Post by cmapadmin »

Can you tell us which operating system you are using? Have you tried restarting your computer?
Trizztein

Post by Trizztein »

Yes I have restarted my computer many times.

I'm using windows 10.

I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it; hasn't fixed the problem.
marroyo

Post by marroyo »

+ Please, download the most recent version of CmapTools (CmapTools v6.01.01).
+ Run Task Manager to verify if you are running another instance of CmapTools. In the tab labeled Process, look for a description like this: “Java(TM) Platform SE binary”. CmapTools uses Java to run.
+ If you find other instances of CmapTools running, press the “End Task” button to kill the process.
+ Re-install CmapTools. The installer replaces the old version and preserves all your data.

marroyo
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

In the folder with the CmapTools log, look for a file named "cmaptools0.log.lck". If it exists, remove it.

This entry explains where to find the folder/directory:

http://cmap.ihmc.us/docs/cmaptools-faqs#1-2
Trizztein

Post by Trizztein »

I deleted the files. It worked! Thank you.
mariaalessio

Post by mariaalessio »

Hello, I have downloaded version 6.01.01 for Windows 64 bits; windows 10.
When I try to launch the programm, it doesn't goes ahead and when I click
the botton to close, appear the message:
"Java(TM) Platform SE binary does not answer". I tried the steps above without success...
What can I do? Thank you for your help!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Did it get installed? Is the problem with the installer or with the installed program? Can you send a screenshot?
wacybis

Post by wacybis »

I have a similar problem with the recently installed version v6.01.01_07-23-15.
It freezes after launch... and I get the message "Java (TM ) Plattaform SE binary not responding..."
It seems this version is java 6 dependent and I java java 8 running in my computer (with Windows 7).
Any way to fix this problem?
Walter
marroyo

Post by marroyo »

CmapTools is distributed with its own version of Java (Java 7), when it runs CmapTools it uses this version of Java, even if you have installed other versions of Java on your computer.

The error that you have mentioned (Java (TM) Platform SE binary not responding…) is associated with many causes. Please, verify if you have enough disk space in your hard Drive where you have installed CmapTools, and how many memory you have available to run CmapTools. Please, run from the command line console: systeminfo, and send us the output information.

When CmapTools freezes after launch, can you see the Splash screen with the CmapTols logo? And can you see the CmapTools Views window before it freezes the application?. Can you explain when the CmapTools freezes?

Before running CmapTools, please press and hold the Ctrl-key, run CmapTools and wait to see a console open to see all the Java errors. Please, send us the errors when CmapTools freezes.