export as a web-page (html) false

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
gucky

export as a web-page (html) false

Post by gucky »

Hello,

I'm a german beekeeper an tried to create a cmap during a testing phase.

The problem is, that cmap (including links to other web-pages) gave me the info that during export as html a failure occoured.
I can open the html and all the links are o.k.
But if send the html to other persons they can open the map but only a white sheet is visible. :o

Has anybody an idea?

Best regards

Markus
gucky

Re: export as a web-page (html) false

Post by gucky »

The system is a Windows 7 Enterprise / 64Bit version and cmap version is 6.01.01
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

The export generates an html file and an accompanying image file (with an image of the Cmap). If you want to share it, you need to share all the resources generated. You may want to try exporting into an empty folder and see the result. You may also want to use the Cmap Cloud: copy the Cmap and resources to the Cmap Cloud and then share a link to the Cmap.
DazeMatt

Post by DazeMatt »

So we export the html file into a folder with all of the other files and send that folder for the html file to work?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Well, web pages are supposed to be posted on a server, not to be 'sent'. If you use the Cmap Cloud or one of the CmapServers, you don't need to sent them. You just send the link. The export to HTML is meant to be used for later upload to a web server.