ImageMagick error

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
shreveman

ImageMagick error

Post by shreveman »

I had been using an older version of cmaptools. I uninstalled it using the cmap uninstall program, and installed the latest version (6.01.01). When I open the app, a window pops up that says "ImageMagick Studio library and utility programs has stopped working". It pops up 20-30 times repeatedly at first, and then about every minute after that (I have to hit the close program button each time.)

It's installed on Windows 7, I have 6gb of RAM.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: ImageMagick error

Post by cmapadmin »

That shouldn't happen. ImageMagick is used to generate the thumbnail image of the Cmap. Can you please send us the log file? This entry explains where to find it:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65

You can send it as a message through this forum
shreveman

Post by shreveman »

I have multiple log files. When I try to upload one that was created today, I get an error saying the attachment file size is too large, the maximum upload size is 2 MB.

I have these log files:

cmaptools0.log created today 3,423 kb
cmaptools1.log created today 5,121 kb
cmaptools2.log created today 3,062 kb
cmaptools0.log.1 created 5/15/2015 19 kb
cmaptools1.log.1 created 3/23/2015 19 kb
cmaptools2.log.1 created 12/4/2014 19 kb

Thanks.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Can you send it by email to cmapsupport (at) ikmc.us ?
We need one for a session where you got the error. Possibly 0, 1, 2 if you email program can send large attachments.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Sorry, email is cmapsupport (at) ihmc.us

spelling checker 'fixed' it ...
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

We got your log files. We are looking into it. Seems like some resources are giving problems when generating a thumbnail.

If you need to continue with your work you can disable the thumbnails while we debug the problem. If you go to the directory where you installed CmapTools, and you go into the 'bin' subdirectory there, you'll find a file named:

cmaptools.cfg

First, make a backup copy of it just in case. Then edit it with a text editing program, and look for the entry:

generate.thumbnails=true

Change this entry to 'false' and save it. Now your program will not try to generate thumbnails. Hopefully it will run ok, while we fix the issue.
shreveman

Post by shreveman »

Seems to be working okay with that workaround. Thanks.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Good. The problem should be some of the PDF files you have. But the program should just give up on generating the thumbnail and not come up with a dialogue box.